RAM Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinders are commonly used cylinders for levelling and outrigger applications. Examples include:
- Aggregate equipment - crushers, screen decks, conveyors, grizzlies, etc.
- Trailers used for fixed location deployment – mobile radar, communication towers, observation trailers, etc.
- Oil and gas sector equipment– service rigs, coiled tubing rigs, drilling rigs, catwalks, pipe tubs, etc. and
- Mobile cranes used in commercial and industrial applications.
Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinders replace manual systems used to position equipment at a desired location and height. Traditional methods to secure equipment are the use of crank type trailer jacks, manual jacking and blocking systems, or the use of fixed hydraulic lifting jacks and wood blocking to set equipment in place.
The primary advantages of replacing these manual methods of stabilizing equipment with a RAM Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinder are operator ease, speed, and accuracy. These unique Cylinders provide infinite adjustments over a long range which means operators can more quickly and precisely set equipment in the field before use. Furthermore, the positive locking feature provides greater assurance there will be no creeping from the desired settings.
RAM offers a standard, pre-engineered line up of Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinders in Standard and Ball End designs for quick order turnaround. Each model includes a wide range of standard features to accommodate many OEM applications. Standard Stabilizer Cylinder sizes range in bore diameters of 4" to 6", and stroke lengths of 12" to 30". All standard RAM Stabilizer Cylinders are pressure rated up to 3000 PSI, and every RAM model features an external adjustable solid or split ring mechanism that locks the Stabilizer in position and eliminates the need for manual blocking.
- High tensile cold drawn barrel tube, precision honed for extended seal life
- Ductile iron, ASTM A536, 65-45-12 piston and gland
- 4 TPI Acme locking threads
- NPT ports
- Grade C, high tensile piston locknut
- Durable urethane gloss paint finish (custom colors available on standard models)
- Steel port plug for added protection during shipping
RAM also has extensive experience providing fully customizable Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinders for OEM customers. Our Engineering team will work closely with you to design a cylinder with very specific features required for your application.
- Larger bore sizes
- Longer stroke lengths
- Custom mount configurations
- Porting options (including ORB, side ports, etc.)
- Internal counterbalance valve
- Internal pilot operated check valve
- Optional split retaining nuts (with easy removal)
- Jacking pads
- Custom paint color in durable urethane gloss finish
All RAM Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinders, both standard and custom models, are 100% hydraulic pressure tested for quality control.
Call RAM today to explore the use of the innovative RAM Mechanical Locking Stabilizer Cylinder to give your equipment a competitive advantage through improved equipment mobility and operator efficiency.